Rockton Lions Club General Membership Meeting Minutes FIBS Restaurant
Call to order & Pledge of Allegiance 6:30pm
President’s Announcements-Lion Karen
· We need a Diabetes Awareness Chairperson to coordinate diabetes related events and information. Jill volunteered.
Welcome to the new Lion Year!
Summer GM meeting request
· A motion to meet once per month during the summer with those meetings not counting toward perfect attendance was made by Steve H. and seconded by Scott Wallace.
Secretary’s Report-Lion Ruth/Bekah
· Attendance sheet is going around please sign in.
· Information sheet is also going around please make any necessary changes.
· Please remember to report your service hours at the end of each month via the link on the website, the link in the monthly email from Rocktonlionssecretary, or simply email us your activity, date, and hours to email@example.com
Treasurer – Lion Kristie
· No formal report yet. Kristie and Allison are still transitioning. We need to watch our expenses as money is tight.
· 70 members still owe dues. Please pay ASAP as the club has already paid dues.
Golf Outing – Lion Betsy
· October 11th They are in need of hole and green sponsors as well as golfers. Betsy is passing around brochures for both options. Cathy Bellich volunteered to be the cart sponsor. Volunteers are needed for check in and throughout the day.
· A motion was made by Karen and seconded by Tami to make a separate scholarship for the trades in Jack’s honor with the proceeds from the event along with previously donated funds. The scholarship would follow the same criteria as our other scholarships.
Candy Day – Lion Sharon
· October 12th at Main and Blackhawk, starts at 7:00 am. A sign up sheet is going around.
OSD – Lion Steve
· The next Meeting is September 20th @ 5:15p.m.
· October 7th Participants are needed, share the event on Facebook. Volunteers are needed to help with parking, set up and throughout the day. A sign up sheet will go around at the next meeting. Hurts Donuts will be a vendor. YIPEE!!
· The next meeting will be September 10th @ 6:00p.m.
Hanz Brew Fest – Lion Brian
· September 29th Volunteers needed for signing in and serving. Please sign up on their Facebook page. All proceeds go to the scholarship fund.
Membership – Lion Sheri
Swearing in of new member Heather Bigelow Hulmes – Welcome Heather!
Wimpy’s Auction – Lion Connie
· Connie and Jacki will Co-Chair. Please sign up to contact businesses to solicit for donations, provide a basket with at least a $50 value or donate $50 towards a basket to be made for you.
· There will be 99 baskets this year as well as live auction items and a wine pull. Please donate wine. No Boones Farm (Keep it classy!)
· Next meeting is on September 12th at Montgomery Financial 1107 N. Blackhawk.
Zone News – Lion Tami
· Leader Dog sign up sheet will be passed around at the next meeting. A Cubs/Brewers game bus trip in planned for the spring, more details to come. The Ice Hogs game will be on March 23rd.
From the Floor
· Join us at the South Beloit Legion at 6:00p.m. every second Tuesday of the Month for BINGO.
· Thank you to Brent for allowing us to use bounce houses all summer at Music in the Park. Thank you to the people who volunteered every week to run it and the 50/50 raffle. We would like to see more people be involved instead of the same few volunteers all the time.
· Committee Chairs, if you want information about events put on the website or Facebook please let Kerri know. She can write something up for you or post something you have written.
· The first Wimpy’s Delivery meeting with be September 10th 6:30p.m. @ Fibs please join us.
· A motion to adjourn was made by John and seconded by Kerri
· Upcoming Meetings & Events:
· OSD Committee Meeting Thursday, September 20th, 5:15 FIBS
· General Membership Meeting Thursday, September 20th, 6:30pm FIBS